Friday, July 06, 2007

Ireland Update

After kicking around some Lancaster shops for a while in the morning and then eating lunch, my mom and I arrived on campus and went in to our meeting. After a lot of talking and hearing some more details about the program to St. Mary's in Belfast (the only one that is through Millersville) concerning , we went to an impromptu meeting with my financial aid counselor, who was very helpful and explained a lot of things that left my head positively spinning.

However, what it comes down to is: if I accept the maximum amount allowed by the Stafford Loan to students in their junior year, that surplus will be practically enough to cover the additional expenses of living (in an apartment), food, personal expenses, insurance, and travel (to and from Belfast) and the remaining gap should be covered by the money I have saved. My mom is pretty much on board with the idea, but now that it actually looks like it could be a reality, I find myself feeling oddly nervous and conflicted and excited, all at once, and wondering about the silliest things-- like, how would I pack a pillow overseas?

No comments: