Tuesday, May 30, 2006

No Rain

Finished the book I started yesterday, gettting substantially more read today, of course... more or less non-stop from breakfast onward. It was rather melancholy, and thus, I was for a while too. Picking up Good Omens to re-read has begun to improve my mood.

After seeing Jason off yesterday I had some lunch, worked a bit more on the puzzle, and then decided that I was feeling a little worse, so I crashed and ended up taking a two-hour nap, woken up only by family friends calling to invite my mom and I to a little Memorial Day get-together in an hour or so. By the time she got back from the store I was feeling up to it, so we went, and dinner tonight will be the holiday dinner we planned...

Also, I got a lead on a job working at this little organic farmstand thing about 20 minutes away, because the daughter of our family friends helps out there and she talked with one of the guys who runs it and gave me his number. I left a message, so I'm kind of waiting for a call tonight or maybe not until tomorrow, and then I'll ask about hours, pay, and if the particular job I wanted is still open (bagging, because unlike stocking I wouldn't have to lift up to 40lbs). It's better than nothing, anyway.

No comments: