Saturday, February 16, 2008

Nice end to the week

Spring is, amazingly enough, approaching! In parks and front lawns I can see crocuses starting to come up already. The weather's holding steady around or above the average coolest temperature (43 degrees). I've spent the past few days doing lots of walking.

Some crocuses in the park along Falls Rd.


On Wednesday, I went into the city with Deena for part of the International Students Festival (the first ever for Northern Ireland). The mayor of Belfast came and gave a short speech!


I went grocery shopping on Thursday, and as I got to the parking lot I remembered that because it was Thursday, it was farmers' market day! I treated myself to lots of lovely fruit, and some vegetables. They call zucchinis "courgettes" here... but they taste just as delicious.

Some of my spoils.... yum.

The market.


On Friday I went up to visit Queen's University again with the Dutch and Spanish students. We walked around the campus and the two greenhouses. They're a fun group and it was nice to be out and about.

Bas and Elena in the greenhouse.

No comments: