Monday, August 20, 2007

Movie Kisses That Make My Spine Tingle

I know, I'm a hopeless romantic...

Brokeback Mountain: not the early ones as much, but the scene where they reunite after however many years of separation is powerful and tinged with desperation.

The Matrix: "So you see, you can't be dead. You can't be... because I love you. You hear me? I love you." Yum.

V for Vendetta: maybe it's not a traditional kiss, but when Evey kisses V's mask, it's so tender and tragic at the same time... it's like she's hoping that somehow, magically, he'll be able to kiss her back, and the audience (or at least me) is drawn into that and then when nothing happens, just the look in her eyes...

Mr. & Mrs. Smith: right after they finish demolishing-- I mean... redecorating. Angelina Jolie! Need I say more?

Spiderman I: ok, maybe it's over-rated a little, but that upside-down kiss is still just cool. 'Cause I'm a dork.

I'll probably think of more later.

No comments: