Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A Friendly Face

Well, after my first (and only) class of the day, I spent about an hour and 20 minutes outside. Why, you might ask? As I was going down the college steps, I saw a little ginger tomcat limping down the sidewalk and crying, so of course I had to kneel and see if he was ok. He was quite friendly, though I didn't manage to examine his front paw, which seemed swollen-- he wouldn't walk on it.

It had been drizzling on and off all morning so I spread my coat on the top step to sit down and continue to pet him. Then I ended up moving down a step, and he curled up on my coat. I figured he needed a rest, and so I just sat outside until he was ready to leave. He scampered off at a pretty good pace-- I think it's possible that the paw was an old wound, like a broken bone, that didn't heal properly. Also, he looked quiet well cared-for and well-fed, so I'm not too worried.

It was a bit chilly, but on the bright side, I did finish my book.

No comments: