Thursday, April 13, 2006

Tom Cruise Not Crazy!

On Brangelina's impending (and competing) arrival: "Playdates! I've gotta give him a ring. I'm really happy for them. I am really happy for them. He's a good guy, Brad." (Said the still in-utero Jolie-Pitt offspring of the playdate invitation, "Thanks, but no thanks.")

On explaining the history of psychiatry to Matt Lauer: "I thought I was pretty restrained. I've been pissed off about things, believe me. I thought it was a terrific interview. I wasn't pissed; I just was intense on wanting to communicate."

On Katie's cravings: "She loves cupcakes, okay? I mean, the girl loves cupcakes."

On his hands-on approach to detox: "I have to say, I've always found the 'if it makes me feel better, it's okay' rationale a little suspect. I think it's appalling that people have to live a life of drug addiction when I have personally helped people get off drugs." Cruise claims he can get a person off heroin in three days.

On whether he told ex-wife Nicole Kidman, with whom he has two children, about the pregnancy: "It's not like anything I had to or didn't have to do. I wish her well."

On Katie's at-home pregnancy test: "Yeah, she did the whole stick test; I think she just touched the box and they all turned blue."

On commitment: "I'm the relationship guy. I'm not the dating, partying guy. It's not me, you know what I mean? I'm too serious. And I'm too intense. It means something to me."

On questions about the galactic overlord Xenu, a central figure in his religion: "You say this stuff to me and it's insulting. That's why I'm not even going to dignify what you're saying. There's always a lot of misinformation out there. I'm doing pretty good. Look at the things that have helped me in my life. You hear this other stuff -- come on, it's crap!"

No comments: