Tuesday, June 06, 2006

*Spooky Hands*

Nah, I'm just kidding... nothing interesting happened today; in fact, it was a slow, quiet day. I cooked, did chores, and in a leisurely fashion, cleaned and organized the last two drawers of my desk. I have at least five diaries, most of which have not been written in, except for one that's my WoT things of interest journal and the one that had a few filled pages, which I removed and put somewhere else. Oh, and the one that's still in a box that my english teacher gave me my senior year, which I brought to college with me and really made an effort with... although it did die like all the other diaries I've attempted to write. I don't know... somehow trying to sit down and organize my thoughts on paper just doesn't work. I have to either scribble phrases on things on scraps of paper as they occur to me, or just sit in front of a computer and let everything flow. It's not the screen... well it is kind of nice to see my thoughts unfold so neatly, because reading is of course one of my strengths... but mostly I think it's that I can type really quickly and get everything out more easily. That, and putting (some) of it online makes me see it in a different light, sometimes.

These past few days, working mostly in my room, reading, not going out much, and concentrating on just these things has been kind of a holiday for me. (It ends tomorrow, with my morning dentist appointment and one-day, last minute dog-sitting for nearby family friends.) There are times when I just feel like drawing into myself, taking stock and, in a sense, going into a waking-meditative state. It felt right to do so mostly while in my room, which is, after all, my sanctuary... but alas, soon I must return to life.

No comments: